Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our new babies
















Hey everyone! It's been a while since Jake and I blogged! We apologize for not keeping you updated. Anyway, Jake and Al recently decided that they wanted to start breeding snakes. They weren't planning on buying until next August, but Jake got a little excited and now we have two new additions to our menagerie. I would like to introduce Salazar and Merope; obviously named after Harry Potter characters. Salazar is the founder of one of the Hogwarts Houses and Voldermort is descendent from him. Merope is the name of Voldermort's mum. Salazar is my snake and he is an Orange Ghost ball python. Jake's snake is Merope and she is a Spider ball python. Merope is the yellow and black one; and Salazar is the orangey-purple one. They are almost three months old. Salazar was born on September 22 and Merope was born on Septmeber 24. They are both 130 grams and will be ready for breeding in a few years. Salazar will grow to be around four and a half feet and Merope will be around five and a half.

1 comment:

Ang and Al said...

Why is it that Al's hand is in the only picture of a snake being held? I need to come see these two in person. I hope you're enjoying them! I'm having a pretty good time getting to know Acheron. (What is it about Jake and Al and the snake excitement? I blame Jake...)